Propane Prop Training Evolution
Public Education 2
64 House Staiton 64
Bucket Brigade 2013 Rifle Open House
Station 64 Station 64 in New Castle
Dish and flames
Sparky at the parade Sparky at the Parade
Colorado River Fire Rescue is dedicated to protecting life, home, and property through leadership, education and partnerships.
Safety is our highest priority.
Colorado River Fire Rescue was established as a Fire Authority on September 26, 2012 as a joint effort between Burning Mountains Fire Protection District and Rifle Fire Protection District to provide better service to our communities while avoiding additional costs. Colorado River Fire Rescue provides Fire, EMS, Hazardous Materials and Rescue response for the Town of New Castle, the Town of Silt, the City of Rifle and surrounding areas with a total response area of approximately 851 square miles. Colorado River Fire Rescue is a combination fire authority utilizing Volunteer, Part Time and Full Time staffing. The Fire Authority maintains seven stations: four staffed stations, one station staffed, through an ongoing partnership, by Interagency Wild Land Firefighters, one unstaffed station and one station used for fleet maintenance. ANNOUNCEMENTS
- Colorado River Fire Protection District has a Vacancy on the District Board of Directors. Please email BOD_Vacancy@crfr.us with Intent or for more information.
- Rifle chosen as location for Center for Excellence, DFPC Press Release
- Colorado River Fire Rescue earns ISO Protection Class 3/8b rating. For more information click here.
- For Burning Mountains Fire and Rifle Fire Protection Districts consolidation information click here.
- View some cancer risk reduction steps from the Firefighter Cancer Support Network